A book is for sale to commemorate the alumni and faculty art exhibition held last fall to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Jack Arends Hall, home to the NIU School of Art and Design.
The 376 page book can be purchased in hardcover, softcover or electronic formats, and features the 50th anniversary exhibitions:
- Jack Olson Gallery: Golden Alumni Juried Show
- Annette and Jerry Johns Student Art Gallery: Alumni Open Mail Art Show
- Jack Arends Hall second floor display cases: Alumni Salon
- Backspace Gallery: All Sheets to the Wind
- NIU Art Museum: SWEET: Golden and Delicious Alumni Invitational
- Imagery and Icons (Former Faculty)
There are also features on Jack Arends, the namesake for the building and Arlene Turner-Crawford the 2019 recipient of the university’s award for Outstanding Alumni Achievement in Art.
The book was written and assembled by Chelsea Cwiklik, graduate research assistant; Jo Burke, director of the NIU Art Museum and Peter Van Ael, coordinator of the Jack Olson Gallery and museum studies faculty member.